#8 Shaping Your Company Culture with Paul McClatchie
Welcome back to Your Truth Shared. Joining Finola this week is special guest Paul McClatchie. Paul is the inspirational proud founder of the award-winning recruitment firm, Engage People, which takes great pride in creating happier and more productive workplaces by aligning business with talent.
In this episode, Paul rewinds in time, sharing how he made a big decision and an even more significant move by transitioning from his director role at Cpl Resources Plc to growing his own business into the thriving company it is today. Paul also discusses shaping your company culture, the power of differentiating your business from others, how to support, inspire and lead your team to greatness and much more. Key points throughout this episode include:
- An introduction to Paul McClatchie.
- The key to cultural alignment.
- Embracing a strategic thinking mindset.
- Paul’s experience of financial recruiting in challenging times.
- Career moves: leaving a job to start a business.
- Developing and sustaining employee engagement.
- Influence at work and the determination to improve operations.
- Differentiating your business from others.
- The business mindset: creating more leaders and followers.
- Why self-care in business is vital.
- Paul’s 3 F’s – Focus, Fit and Fun.
- The importance of setting and clarifying clear expectations.
- Setting team goals and measuring performance.
- Communicating with your team and learning about their ambitions.
- The map of recruitment and driving your business mission.
- The highs and lows of growing a business.
Get connected socially with Paul McClatchie:
Book: The Chimp Paradox by Professor Steve Peters.
Get connected socially with host Finola Howard:
This podcast is proudly produced in partnership with podlad.com