#31 Are Your Annoyances Untapped Opportunities? With David O’Halloran
Annoyances can greatly wind us up from time to time, but have you ever thought of your biggest annoyance as being perhaps an untapped opportunity!? Joining Finola this week is engineer, serial entrepreneur and social entrepreneur David O’Halloran - a dynamo driving significant change and sustainable developments throughout Europe, Africa and Latin America.
David shares his whirlwind career with us, from stepping out of college and jumping ship to Holland to work with Petroleum business giant Shell and the stepping-stone back towards home, Ireland. David opens up about how he created his own opportunities whilst always keeping his family at the forefront of his mind and how he transitioned from engineering to international business development. David reminds us that our future is in our hands, and we always have the power to choose which route we wish to take. Through his moves, visits and work, David has touched all corners of the globe and offers valuable advice in this episode for those considering venturing down the entrepreneurial route. Further key points throughout include:
- An introduction to David O’Halloran
- Awakening the environmental side of a dirty business
- Making the most of life’s opportunities
- Our moral obligation to help others in need
- Starting a business by solving problems
- The organic journey of creating opportunities and working with communities
- Dreaming bigger with the fuel of collaboration
- How to overcome challenges and attain your goal
- The roles of promise, trust and faith in business
- Does the definition of success boil down to money?
- Taking control of your work-life balance
- Never work for nothing. Always work for something
- The importance of connections and seizing opportunities
‘’Collaboration is all about not going into something wondering what you can get out of it but going into something wondering what you can put into it.’’ – David O’Halloran.
Get connected socially with David O’Halloran:
Get connected socially with host Finola Howard:
This podcast is proudly produced in partnership with podlad.com